Minimos-NT is a general-purpose semiconductor device simulator providing steady-state, transient, and small-signal analysis of arbitrary two- and three-dimensional device geometries. In mixed-mode device and circuit simulation, numerically simulated devices can be embedded in circuits consisting of compact device models and passive elements.
Minimos-NT is integrated with a state-of-the-art TCAD Framework. A comprehensive set of physical models enables the user to simulate various kinds of advanced device structures, such as present-day CMOS devices, silicon-on-insulator devices, and hetero-structure devices. Taking into account atomistic traps and dopants, MINIMOS-NT allows reliability and variability modeling of highly scaled transistors such as bulk planar devices silicon-on-insulator FinFETs with a channel length down to 22nm and below.
- BSIM4 compact model
- Built-in irradiation models
- Mobility degradation models
- Latest hot carrier degradation and BTI models
- Statistical reliability analysis
- Variability analysis
- Atomistic traps and dopants
- Density-gradient model
- Capable of three-dimensional device structures
- Unstructured and structured meshes in two and three dimensions
- Multi-core support
- Available for Linux, Windows, and MAC OSX
- Drift-diffusion and energy-transport models
- Simulation modes: DC, AC, transient, mixed-mode
- Direct extraction of S and Y matrices
- Self-heating simulation
- Hetero junction devices
- Quantum correction models
- Extensive and extendable material database
- Sophisticated input-deck database
- Tunneling models for gate leakage simulations
- Support for EEPROM simulations
- New tools for structure generation and visualization
- Schematic editor for mixed-mode simulation
- Modern, easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Structured file storage, workflow management
- Support of various TCAD data formats
- Remote / distributed execution of simulation jobs
The current version of Minimos-NT has been released by our cooperation partner Global TCAD Solutions (GTS) in 10/2012. GTS maintains and distributes this version of Minimos-NT as well as the TCAD Framework, and provides service and customer support.
Minimos-NT 2.1 has been released in 10/2004. It offers the above listed Basic Features only. This version is no longer supported, but still available for download.
The version 2.1 of Minimos-NT can be obtained via our Download Portal.