3.2.2 Device Description
A device is represented by an object of the device class which contains all
information necessary for the current simulation. For mixed-mode simulations
several instances exist where each instance describes a single component of the
circuit. The information stored contains:
- The dimensionality of the device.
- The grid.
- Segment information containing, e.g., names, contact conditions (e.g.
voltage, charge, thermal, or floating), and materials, respectively.
- Boundary information which is implicitly stored in grids and segment information.
- Models used to build the system matrix.
- Geometry information. However, hardly geometry information is needed for