When the VTEST main program is started it performs the following tasks:
- Reading configuration information
- Contacting the CVS server; checking out the specified packages
- Starting a VTEST client instance on every platform that is subject
to the VTEST test run. The client instance is started via the UNIX
- Running a set of configurable tasks on each package.
- Creating an email report about files that failed to compile. The
developer that has last checked in the source code file that caused a
compilation error and the person that was specified as responsible for the
package receive an email.
- Once a week an HTML warning report is generated. The report is
realized as an HTML tree on the host where the VTEST program was