- The program MKDEV [292,37] has been developed at the Institute for Microlelectronics and
generates the geometry and the mesh for the device simulator MINIMOS-NT. MKDEV
uses template and configuration files to create the geometry including an
orthogonal mesh with the specified distributed quantities like doping
concentrations using analytical doping profiles.
- CREATEORTHO  is a script that creates orthogonal meshes
for the device simulator MINIMOS-NT. This tools allows a parameterized
mesh generation to create Manhattan structures for device simulation.
- TRIANGLE  is a two-dimensional mesh generator for
unstructured meshes which uses a DELAUNAY4.15 triangulation and a VORONOI4.16 tessellation [307,308,309,310].
- DELINK [311,312,313] has been developed at the Institute for Microlelectronics and is a
three-dimensional mesh generator for unstructured meshes. This tool requires
as input the specified geometry and provides as a result a mesh, which
fulfills the DELAUNAY condition [309,310] and certain
other constraints which can be additionally specified.
- SNMESH  is suite from SYNOPSYS that provides
different meshing algorithms, which are capable of producing tensor product
meshes and unstructured tetrahedron meshes according to user-defined
constraints. For instance, constraints can be applied with respect to certain
parameter values and geometric issues such as certain ranges for angles,
aspect ratios, or differences of areas between two or more adjacent elements.